Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Yes, Virginia, There IS a Santa Claus...

...and I'm pretty sure he lives on the Northwest Side of Chicago.

I know Christmas is almost a month past, but I felt compelled to share the photographic evidence that my mother has a serious problem controlling her Christmas spirit. Lexie counted last year, all told she has like 50-something snowmen in her house during the holidays. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love how her house looks at Christmastime, but I’m pretty sure if there was a prize for “Excessive Insane Christmas Decorating” she would win – hands down. But don't take MY word for it - YOU be the judge...










Yep, you haven't experienced Christmas until you've experienced it at my mom's. With Johnny Mathis crooning in the background, of course. Thanks for making every Christmas so special, Mom!

8 comments:

Miladysa said...

Bless her little cotton socks! :)

Amber said...

Wow. She is most definitely very spirit-y! Good for her!!!

Mr. Khurram said...

Christmas sure is the time to celebrate with family 'n' relatives But when it Doubles itself with the Extra Love from a Mother, then we all can say same words as yours'.

I believe a Mother's Love is the Best Love in the world. I hope you 're doin' good.

God bless you.....

Unknown said...

I love Christmas

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

My aunt in New Jersy was far worse... With elves.

Cheryl said...

your mom and my mom seem to have a lot in common. Her tree is especially gorgeous!

Alice said...

wow.... :-) i had.. um.. a tree. and a garland on the fireplace. i feel inadequate now :-)

Kiki said...

LOL!! I think it's endearing.