Monday, January 23, 2006

Not-Evil-At-All Corporate People

So today I called corporate. Guess what? The woman who answered was very pleasant and ALSO very helpful. She looked up my file and told me that apparently the T4 was out of stock and on backorder. And it looked like that was the reason they sent me a T3. Why asshole supervisor neglected to tell me this was unknown to her.

And? She will DEFINITELY ship me a brand spanking new T4 just as soon as more arrive in stock, which she believes will be within one or two weeks. And she apologized for the inconvenience and offered to send me a power cord to use the other monitor until my new one arrives.

No thanks, I think I will leave crappy monitor in its box until I am ready to ship it back. Which, if it’s all the same to you, I will not do until I get my NEW monitor. She said she completely understood and that was not a problem at all. She said she will have New Monitor shipped as soon as they are in stock, but I should call her just to follow up next week. That way, she could let me know if it had shipped or let me know when the next shipment was due to arrive. So basically, this story has a happy ending.

Only I still can’t help but wonder about Asshole Supervisor, aka Hyrum (I kid you not, that is his name). What could he possibly have gained from not telling me the monitor was on backorder? And why did he feel the need to flaunt his “power” by telling me I had to keep the T3? If I hadn’t called corporate, I never would’ve found out the real situation. Maybe Hyrum has a black market for T4s and is replacing EVERYONE’S T4 with a T3. Maybe THAT is why they are out of stock… Hmmmm.

I really wanted to call Hyrum and gloat, but my dad advised against it. He’s probably right, although a part of me STILL wishes I could. “Hello, HYRUM? Guess who? Yes, I just wanted to let you know that I AM GETTING MY NEW MONITOR. And know what else? When the T3 you sent me arrives back at your tech office? SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, OK? And? Have a nice day!”

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good for you. I hope Hyrum gets some trouble for his smug asshole behavior.

Amber said...

Did you tell corporate, in no uncertain terms, what a horrible person HYRUM is? You should have.

Glad it worked out...

Alice said...

hey, nothing preventing you from calling to gloat AFTER you got your monitor, right? so hyrum can't sabotage it in some way? i totally would. in addition, i would write a letter to corporate thanking them ever so much for working out the situation, you are so grateful, name the lady by name and commend her for her service.... then detail your conversation with hyrum. jackass.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Glad to hear it... And good idea not to gloat...

Remember Karma!