Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Title of Distinction

So last night I got a call from my favorite (well, only) brother. Seems he thought I may be interested in being a Godmother. HELLO?? Are you KIDDING me? OF COURSE!! I was totally shocked and thrilled, shocked because Sarah has a sister, who I naturally assumed would be the Godmother. So I wasn't expecting this honor at all. But as it turns out, they are having two Godmothers and no Godfather. Ha! I told him that seems to go along with tradition in our family, since Lexie really has only a Godfather (him) and no Godmother, since I no longer speak to the girl who originally had that privilege. So anyway, I am very happy and excited. Of course, this means I will have to attend CHURCH - which is not one of my favorite things, but for my GODSON I will do pretty much anything. Lexie's take on the whole Godparent thing is that if anything happens to the real parents, the Godparent steps in. So she asked who would take Erik if (God forbid) anything happened to Bob and Sarah. I told her that if he was a pleasant wonderful child, we would, of course, but if he was a brat then Katie and Luke could have him. She thought that was pretty funny. But I was totally serious. Although I can't see him EVER being a brat at this moment - just LOOK at him! Perfect, perfect perfect.
In the meantime, I thank you for all your support regarding the stupid ISATs. I passed on some of your wisdom to Lexie, and actually, she really took it in. She said that the test wasn't as bad as she thought it might be, hopefully that feeling will continue for the rest of the week. So the test wasn't high on her worry list - it seems she has a new worry. She called me when she got home from school (as usual) and informed me that our new neighbor got "a catalog" in the mail that she "couldn't HELP but notice." Yeah, so? "MOM, it was a VICTORIA'S SECRET catalog! What, is he a PERVERT or something??" I told her to stop looking at other people's mail, even if it was out in the open, and don't talk to me about perverts until after she starts her "Family Living" course at school. "Oh, yeah, mom - that starts Monday." Perfect. I bet next week I'll have plenty to blog about.

How about I leave you with what is without question the SWEETEST picture in the whole world? Just to clarify: this is my angelic daughter and my perfect GODSON. (Ha! I love saying that!!)

6 comments:

NotCarrie said...

Awww! What a sweet picture. Congrats!

Cheryl said...

That is a sweet picture. Congrats on the new title!

Miladysa said...

Congratulations to you all! :)

Amber said...

So precious.

And yes, Linda, you spelled lightning correctly. It's best that you know how to spell it, since that's probably going to be your demise. Ha ha. I kid because I love.

Leesa said...

Wonderful honor!

dasi said...

NO FIGHTING ON MY BLOG!! This is a fight-free zone, unless I initiate it. HA! Save it for the IM, Linda. But make sure I'm there too...! Besides, there is a precious little BABY present!!!