Monday, March 06, 2006

Happy Monday

So today I just thought I would share a few random things with you. First of all, I found Tandy on Saturday night!! I was very excited, and told him that I had been looking for him forever. He laughed at me, and said he never went anywhere. I wasn't sure whether or not to tell him I put him on this blog, since I didn't know if he would appreciate it. But then I did, and he actually thought it was pretty funny. I told him I was so relieved to see him again, and kept thinking to myself how glad I was he wasn't really dead, like I had started to think. We chatted for a while, AND THEN I WOKE UP. Yes, folks, another realistic yet annoying as hell dream. I swear to God, if I ever DO really find him, in this life or in the afterlife, I am certainly going to tell him off for driving me so utterly insane.

I saw "Wicked" on Saturday with my mother - loved it, loved it, LOVED IT. Lexie would too, I thought, until she informed me she barely remembered "The Wizard of Oz." How can a child "barely remember" "The Wizard of Oz," I ask you? Pathetic! Then again, I guess kids today have other choices as far as tv goes. My generation saw that movie AT LEAST once a year, sometimes twice. Nowadays with VCRs and DVDs and tivo and cable, kids don't have to "settle," I guess. Which is actually kind of sad. But I tell you what, we sat down and watched it together on Sunday afternoon (I have the VHS tape) and it was really fun watching my daughter watching the movie. Even though she remembered bits and pieces, it was all pretty new to her again, and seeing the look on her ten-year-old face throughout the movie was awesome. So the next step is to try to find cheap "Wicked" tickets so I can take her to see that.

Last night we watched the Oscars, along with most of the world, I am assuming. Although there were some humorous parts during the award show, I think the funniest at OUR house was when Dolly Parton was singing her song and Lexie turned to me all wide eyed and innocent and asked, "Ok, so now what exactly is the difference between Dolly Parton and Dali Lama?" It took me a few minutes to compose myself and wipe the tears of laughter away before I told her that was a good question to ask her Uncle Bob. Which we did - and of course, his answer was dead-on: "Dolly Parton is only a goddess to the country music world." I knew my bro wouldn't let me down on that one! See, it's fun having kids. They can be very entertaining at times. Another recent question from Lexie to my mom also had me in hysterics: "Grandma, how old were you when the Titanic sank?" Of course, my mom didn't think that one was too funny.

Thank you all for your comments on "TBOTE," by the way. It's nice also to see some new commenters. I'm going to try my best to get more chapters done more often - because I still have a ways to go before I am anywhere NEAR finished, so I may even sometimes write a chapter AND a regular post. MAYBE. Don't hold me to that - right now, Satan isn't here, I'm alone in the office and I'm in a good mood, so I'm feeling more ambitious than usual at this precise moment. But that can change. Anyhoo, hope everyone else had a good weekend, and who knows? Maybe I'll even be back later.

(What? I said "MAYBE!")

3 comments:

Amber said...

I loved the book "Wicked", although I haven't seen the stage show. I'd love to. And, don't freak out or anything, but I will NOT watch "The Wizard of Oz." I don't like it. AT ALL. I also didn't watch the Academy Awards. Yes, yes, I'm very un-american.

Cheryl said...

I want to see Wicked too! Looks good. The Oscars were pretty good, but quite a surprise ending there!

Miladysa said...

You had me at Tandy!