Monday, October 10, 2005

Scatterbrained

Today is one of those days that I really WANT to write, but I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around what exactly is floating around in there. I COULD write about the fact that I ordered my Aerosmith tickets this morning (AND Lenny Kravitz is opening – this will be AWESOME!!), or I COULD write about how I probably shouldn’t have charged the $300 for said tickets since I am trying to refinance and things are tight enough already (but come on – Joe Perry AND Lenny Kravitz?? Who could blame me??)… Or I COULD write about the fact that I just got a call from my mom who told me one of her best friends just died last night, all the way up in Wisconsin which is a four hour drive that I would NEVER let her make alone… especially since I have grown up with Shirley in my life as well, and even though she had been sick for a long time, death is never convenient nor expected… Or I COULD write about the fact that my brother is starting a new job today, and I am so happy and relieved and curious to know how it is going… Or I COULD write about the fact that there are six people that I know of who are expecting a baby between December and March, and THAT is a LOT of babies, which makes me think about babies in general…

But unfortunately, although I have plenty of topics, nothing is really gelling in my head right now. I’m sure Shirley’s passing on has a hand in my mood, she was a good lady and made the best brownies in the whole world. But like I said, she has been sick for a really long time, and can finally rest pain-free, which is a good thing, right?

Well, what I DO know is that my writing can’t be forced, so for today it looks like that’s all, folks. We’ll see, maybe things will change later today, if not, then hopefully by tomorrow…

2 comments:

Amber said...

So sorry about the loss of Shirley. Hope you feel better.

Oh, and make sure to say "hellooooooo" to Lenny's rockin' six pack and defined hip bones for me. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Well, sometimes it's for the best, especially since the long illness. But I get a little maudlin sometimes and can't think of a thing to write either...

And seeing Aerosmith... Wow, I haven't been to a concert in ages!