Monday, February 27, 2006

Don't I Know You...?

Now that I am sufficiently sober again (actually, I was sober again on Sunday, but I had no time to blog until now) I can write about what I want to. All that babble about being noncommittal? Possibly true, but not something I feel like discussing now. Maybe later. And just to clarify - no, I did NOT get business cards printed out with my blog address on them. I am WAY too cheap to do that. I did, however, write my blog address on several of the thousand leftover business cards from my days as a Tastefully Simple consultant. The original plan was to give them to the friends who seem to have a hard time remembering anything starting out "www," but as the drinks flowed I was basically passing them out to whoever happened to stop by our table. (I may have even left a few on the table after I left, come to think of it...) Now, I did not do this because I am some kind of freakish egomaniac, I did it because I really enjoy it when people read my work. Simply (and very cornily -is "cornily" a word? Now it is...) put, it makes me happy to see my statcounter numbers rise. AND - "TBOTE?" You, my faithful readers, are the sole input and critique I have on what could possibly be my ticket out of Hell someday. Plus, unlike when I write JUST for myself, I feel an obligation to add chapters on a fairly regular basis. This is very very good - because I have a nasty habit of leaving things unfinished.

So anyway. I also wanted to apologize to all the bloggers I have linked on my site. I have been sorely lacking in the comment department, and I want to assure you all that this is not because I haven't been reading. If you are linked on my site, I read your blog daily. And obviously enjoy it, or I wouldn't bother. I am too old and set in my ways to do things I don't enjoy (except work, of course, and I am trying hard to get out of that as well...). I appreciate the comments I receive, and promise to work harder on sharing my thoughts on yours. I haven't forgotten any of you, my cyber-buddies, so once again, I reiterate my humble desire to be forgiven for my lackadaisical attitude toward commenting.

Finally - to all of you out there who are reading because you found this site by accident, or you found a business card with the blog address on it, or you took a chance and checked out a link from someone else's blog - thank you for stopping by. And I hope I can hold your attention - for a while, at least.

So that's about all I've got for tonight. More fun filled posts to come, and more TBOTE (very soon). AND - more comments from yours truly. I PROMISE.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am totally an egomaniac, but not a freakish one. I likes me some attention. Seriously, I look forward to whatever you write here or elsewhere!

Deirdre said...

You're an Innocently In Your Face kinda person. It's what got me here in the first place. I check on you daily and require little or no attention to speak of. ;)

Miladysa said...

I love to read your blog and when you visit mine and/or comment then it is a Billy Bonus for me :)

Marissa said...

You can write anything and I'll read it! :) Love your blog!