Monday, February 20, 2006

Update...

Yes, I know that many of you out there are probably thinking, “Gee, I wonder how Dasi is doing… I wonder if Satan found her blog and fired her or if she just went postal and ran out screaming or something… Or maybe he is better this week…” And then there are probably several of you who are just thinking, “I don’t really care about her job – there was no new Chapter last week, and I am PISSED.” Well, to all of you, I say this: First of all, I am better after having spent a relaxing weekend visiting my new nephew and attending yet another baby shower. Which is not to say I like my job any better. I have absolutely no fears that Satan will ever find (let alone read) my blog, since he is not that computer savvy. And really, even if he did, I would consider it divine intervention and not really care if he fired me. I kept my cool for the rest of that day, and am sitting here today trying to just avoid any interaction with him. I have about a zillion copies to make, so I figure that is good for at least an hour or two out of his line of fire. He hasn’t yelled or condescended yet today, although it IS only 10:30. So who knows. And as for the next Chapter of “TBOTE,” I realize there has been a longer than usual intermission, and I apologize. If I had any sense at all, I would stay up until 3 am every night writing chapters just so I could finish and get the hell out of here… but the creative process is sometimes slow.

Yeah, bull. The creative process is actually stuck. Because Satan rattled me so much last week, I had a hard time focusing. But I will soon, I promise. Either today or tomorrow. I pretty much already have it written in my head – so I just have to wait for the opportunity to transfer it into blog form…! Anyway – that is the brief update for those of you who care. I really appreciate all the sympathy and support – I believe there will be another blog in the near future about why I feel TRAPPED in this job even though Satan is like the biggest asshole in the world. Believe it or not, there are good things about my job. And it’s not even the job or the clients or my coworkers I hate – only Satan. Anyway, I think I’ll go make copies now.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know that feeling. It's amazing how one person can make a workplace hell. I hope you have a better week. Oh, and while I love TBOTE, I will read anything you post here.

Marissa said...

I know that feeling, too. I know it WELL! Thinking of you!!