Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nonsense...

So what do I do now? Now that I've handed out cards with my blog address to both friends and strangers alike tonight? Do I write about how much fun I had and fill the post with funny anectdotes about the evening or do I continue to be true to myself and write about how I TRULY feel? Either way, it obviously isn't going to happen tonight, since the alcohol in my system isn't allowing me to type properly... so maybe sleeping on it will help me to organize my thoughts. In short - I DID have a great time tonight... good friends, good buzz, good laughs... but on a deeper level, once again, I am left to ponder my own state of affairs... another friend getting married, for the second time... while I remain single - albeit by choice. Is there something about me that just screams "NONCOMMITTAL" or am I just that undesirable???

Between my last post, which honestly took a lot out of me emotionally, and the party tonight, I honestly think that I need some time to analyze my personal thoughts and organize then into a proper post. Now obviously isn't the right time, since I can still feel the alcohol buzzing in my head and I am continuously backspacing to correct my spelling errors. Maybe tomorrow I will once again be able to put my thoughts onto paper - or post them into cyberspace, as the case may be, but for now, I will go to bed and try to make sense of the jumble in my brain...

5 comments:

Tim Hillegonds said...

Hey Dasi...how the hell are ya? Dont tell me you really did that...put your address on business cards. That's pretty funny. Hope all is well. Holla.

Cheryl said...

That was just about the best drunken post I have ever seen!

I hope you're feeling better about things. Take some time to work it out.

Amanda said...

good for you for directing people to your site. it takes a lot of courage and it will take courage to continue to write truthfully not knowing who is and isn't reading. but, hopefully they will only garner more insight and get to know you better through reading. i can't imagine anyone reading wouldn't be anything less than impressed with all you've been through, your veracity and courage. keep going, girl. oh, and i have totally been there. recently, i told a guy i was having a great conversation with in a bar about the blog, and i believe he tracked down the address, and then, perhaps unrelatedly, never called me. in my mind it was because he read the blog. but screw him, if that's the case. he couldn't deal. his loss. wait, not sure that was supportive but i tried.

xo

Amber said...

I would have totally drunk blogged something Saturday night if I had a) made it home and b)been able to type. Because neither of those things happened, much less together. As I'm sure you could figure out from our conversation Sunday morning.

Miladysa said...

Just continue to be you Dasi :)

My close family know about my blog - if they read it that is OK with me but the rule is we do not talk about it unless I want to :)