Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dream On

So my brother calls me at work yesterday in between business meetings in Florida. A pleasant surprise, since he has been gone five days a week for the last month, we haven't been able to chat as often. (Well, actually, I couldn't really chat at work, either, since Satan was there, but we got in a few minutes.) Anyway, after the initial "so, what's up's" he says this: "Hey, do you know what that yellow stuff is inside acorns? There's a TON of them out here, and they're really fun to stomp on... but when I do, all this yellow stuff comes out." This from my 34 year old brother with a pregnant wife. My response? "You know, Bob, you're definitely going to be a pretty fun dad." Yes, people, as they say, pretty much ANYONE can be a dad. On a more serious note - I can't wait for this baby. And although I tease him incessantly about the fact that his maturity level will probably be right on track with his child's (thank God for Sarah), I know he truly will be a great dad.

On to my main subject. Today is the day. The saddest day EVER. Today is the day that my Joe will be playing guitar with his buddy Steve on stage RIGHT HERE IN CHICAGO and I won't be there. It still hurts. Although not as much, because guess what? They came to me in my dreams last night.

I kid you not. I had the most awesomest, wonderful dream, although in actuality it was pretty bittersweet. See, I am the type of person who usually has very vivid dreams, and tends to remember them. Usually. And I dream about famous people a lot too. Actually, this isn't the first time I have dreamt about Joe, but THIS dream - it seemed more like an out-of-body experience. I swear. Anyway, in my dream, I was in this house with a bunch of people I didn't know. Apparently there was a party going on, and apparently it was the night of the concert, because I was not really getting into it (hey, maybe it was CHERYL'S party!!). So there I was, walking around like a zombie while everyone else was having fun, so I decide to leave and go outside and take a walk.

When I get outside, I realize I am right next to the United Center, where the concert is playing. (Is that where you live, Cheryl???)There are a few people standing around, and then all of a sudden, I see Steve Tyler walking up, wearing the same shirt as he wore the day my cousin and I saw him at Joe's on Weed after the last time we saw him in concert. So of course, I am freaking out, because he is just walking up to the arena and hardly anyone is near him. He looked over at me, and I run up and put my hand on his shoulder and start telling him how I REALLY REALLY wanted to go to the show, but that I had to sell my tickets, and it was my birthday (it wasn't, of course, I don't know why I lied to him), and I was sorry I couldn't be there. Basically babbling. And he smiled at me, told me not to worry, they'd be back, and kissed me on my right cheek. I was THRILLED! Then he walked into the building.

As I turned to go back to the party, I saw HIM. My Joe. He was walking up to the arena as well, with hardly anyone bothering HIM, either. (And Billie was nowhere to be seen - yay!) So I go up to my Joe, and give him the same spiel. Only I link arms with him, and he is ok with that, and we walk up to the stadium door together, me babbling like an idiot, and him just laughing and nodding. When we get to the door, he looked at me and said, "I'll play a song for you. See you next time!" And then JOE kissed me on my LEFT cheek!! I about DIED!!

I went back to the party and told everyone how I got an aero-kiss on each cheek, and didn't even care that I wasn't at the concert anymore. Because they told me they'd be back, and Joe was playing a song for me. Then I woke up.

You know, you'd think those guys would've given me a VIP ticket or something... especially since Joe said he was going to play a song for me. What good is that if I'm NOT THERE?? Oh, well, it WAS only a dream after all... or WAS it??

Either way, I still plan on bumming out and drinking and listening to my CD's later tonight, after I get home from shopping with my mom. So if anyone has IM and wants to give me reasons why this is a GOOD thing - e-mail me the info. Maybe some chatting will make me feel better. But let me tell you - next time they're in town, I'M GOING. No matter WHAT!!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Damn -- if I had read this earlier, we could have IM'd last night and even conferenced Linda in. Sorry dude!

That sounds like a good dream...

Cheryl said...

I have very vivid dreams and almost always remember them too.

No, I don't live by the United Center. I am closer to Joe's on Weed though.

Miladysa said...

Ohhh!! I love dreams like this :)