Monday, December 05, 2005

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

So, my house looks very pretty, and I hardly had to rearrange any ornaments. This was mostly due to the fact that Lexie hung only about ¼ of the ornaments before deciding it looked “good enough.” Therefore, I hung the rest, and was able to arrange them accordingly, while she sat on the couch and played Nintendo DS. Which, I guess, is how it should be.

Anyway, so now I have a pretty house and the Christmas season is in full swing, and I have even finished pretty much all of my Christmas shopping. So I should be in a happy Christmas mood, right? WRONG! Know why? I’ll tell you why.

First of all, I am totally swamped with work, but have no desire to actually DO any of it. (which explains why I am blogging during working hours.) Yet I know that it has to get done eventually. The one huge issue right now is about (literally) 1000 pages of medical records I have to summarize for one client. Who, as far as I’m concerned, we shouldn’t even represent anyway. Without breaking attorney/client privilege, let’s just say that if you are on a motorcycle and illegally pass someone on the right who has stopped to let another car turn left, and then said car turns left and strikes you as you impatiently pass without even checking oncoming traffic – well, it’s your own damn fault. And I wouldn’t give you a dime. So I’m probably summarizing these stupid records for nothing, anyway.

Second, due to unfortunate circumstances, the person who was going to go with me to see Aerosmith on Saturday can’t make it. And told me this on Friday. I have tried several other people, who (due to various reasons, all of which I understand) can’t make it either. So now I am faced with a conundrum of epic proportions. Do I go to the concert by myself and try to sell the other ticket at the stadium? Would people look at me and think I am a total loser if I do so? Or do I just stay home and kiss the $300 I spent on the tickets goodbye? I’ve already posted them for sale on craigslist and Stub Hub, but since it is only five days away I am pretty sure no one will buy them. (At least not for face value, and there is no way in HELL I am taking a loss. I’d rather go myself.) I actually thought about taking Lexie for about five minutes, since I have seen people with children at past Aerosmith concerts, but then I realized that it probably isn’t really good parenting to bring my daughter to see the Rock God that her mother lusts after. (Joe Perry, NOT Steven Tyler. I like him too, but am DEFINITELY not physically attracted!) Besides, there usually is pretty colorful talk going on during the show, both between songs and in the lyrics.

This whole thing really bums me out, because I LOVE Aerosmith. I’ve seen them every time they have been in town for the past five years or so, and they put on an awesome show. It would kill me to miss it, especially since I’ve got really great seats. But I’ve really run out of people to invite.

So, there you have it. Right now, I am having a blue Christmas. I am sure that Tom’s party next Saturday will cheer me up, but if I wind up sitting home this Saturday looking at my pretty lights and listening to Aerosmith on my stereo, I will be a sad, sad girl indeed. BWAHHHHHHHH!!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Aw, sorry you're blue. I hope things pick up. I definitely don't think you should just sit home and lose $300. Taking a loss is better than losing it all. Good luck!

Amber said...

DON'T STAY HOME!! You've been looking forward to this for months. And although I'm not a parent and I've never seen Aerosmith in concert, I would say take Lexie. It would be a cool experience for her to see a legendary band in action. Just my two cents. GO!! Have fun!!

Kiki said...

You should definatly go. Have you asked everyone??? Theres always someone--maybe that you don't even like all that much but could stand. It would be loud so you wouldn't have to talk!! :)

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Hey, if I had the cabbage I'd be there in a heartbeat to see Aerosmith with you!

Alice said...

don't you DARE stay home and waste those tickets!! going alone is vastly, enormously better than staying at home. you might meet some fun people that way anyway :-)