Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Cryin'

Ok, it is a saaaaaaad day. No more Aerosmith, no more Lenny. I will not be eight rows away from my Joe, almost able to feel the sweat drip off him as he jams on his guitar. No, some dude from California will be instead. I was unable to find anyone to join me, and got a response on the tickets today. Almost double what I paid for them. Yes, to the commonfolk that would sound wonderful, but to the TRUE Aerosmith fan, it is bittersweet.

I have to keep reminding myself that not only did I double my money, I also saved about $80 I would have spent on t-shirts (would’ve HAD to get Lenny AND Aerosmith, of course), $30 I would’ve spent on parking, $10 I would’ve spent on gas, about $40 or so I would’ve spent on refreshments… and after all, it IS the Christmas season and I COULD use the money…

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh, Joe!!!!!!! When you look out at Section 113, Row 8, remember I TRIED to be there!! If you ever leave Billie, I’ll STILL be waiting! My heart is breaking but I had to do what was best – for everyone involved. Besides, Lexie has a birthday party to go to the next morning at 10:45 am, and had I spent the night with the Bad Boys of Boston, I probably wouldn’t have been able to get up to take her, or hear the alarm, for that matter since I would’ve been SO CLOSE to the speakers. Oh, the PAIN!!!!

All I know is that they had damn well better have another tour within the next year or so. Because if by some cruel twist of fate it turns out that this is their LAST TOUR EVER, I swear I will do myself in. No matter what anyone tries to do to stop me. So if anyone needs me this Saturday night, I will be home listening to my Aerosmith CDs and drowning my sorrows in Smirnoff Black Cherry Twisted V’s.

(Ok, people, now is the time to console me and make me feel better…)

8 comments:

Amber said...

While I'm happy that you got so much money for the tickets, I'm sad that you're not going. This is me consoling you, in case you didn't know...

Amanda said...

aw, damn. don't worry, they've been around this long, they'll be around again.

Pivoney said...

If it's any consolation they put on the worst show I had ever been to. I went to see them during the Pump tour at The World music theater. It may have been because I was in the back of the pavillion but I thought the set was awful. They ran straight through the album and then played two classics and that was all.

I'm sure they have put on better shows but that was my experience with them live.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Dasi, that's about the saddest story I've heard all week! I'm glad you weren't out any money, at least, but I'm sure it wasn't easy to make all the arrangements to get out. I understand how hard that is, especially for a single parent!
Oddly enough, I saw an ad for them just a few minutes ago and thought of you.. Well, I'm sure they'll keep touring for awhile yet. You'll get to see them again.

Hang in there!

Cheryl said...

Well at least you made somemoney off of it. Sorry about not seeing them. I really think they will be back.

Tim Hillegonds said...

Sounds like you need a little love in an elevator.

dasi said...

Thank you, everyone, for your support. Through your kind words and well wishes, I will TRY to make it through this Saturday night without Aerosmith… And yes, I guess the money does help…!

Oh, and Tim? You make me blush!! ;)

Alice said...

dasi... use exactly 1/2 of the money (you know, the part you made extra) on something FABULOUS for yourself. like a massage or a facial or some really awesome boots. the situation demands it. :-)