Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Brief Weekend Post

So here I am, actually sitting at HOME writing a blog. The only thing is, my computer isn't really fixed yet. Ha. I'm technically not even supposed to be using the internet, since this stupid hard drive is so jam-packed with viruses, but I figure since the Geek Squad is coming back to fix (again) this godforsaken thing, if I DO happen to screw it up more it won't be so bad. I think. Then again, they may come back out and say, "HEY!! You went on the internet and picked up fifty jillion more viruses, and we're not going to fix those!" and stomp out. Oh, well, I'll find out on Thursday.

As I type, Lexie is hanging the ornaments on the Christmas tree. It's a beautiful thing. I assembled it (since I have no desire to deal with a REAL tree) and hung the garland, and told her the ornaments would be up to her. She was thrilled. Of course, I will probably rearrange most of them after she goes to bed, since I am anal that way. (HEY! STOP READING OVER MY SHOULDER, LEXIE!!!) What I really meant to say was that I'm sure she will do a BEAUTIFUL job and I wouldn't THINK of moving a single ornament. Heh.

I also bought two new Christmas CDs in the spirit of the upcoming Family Christmas party. This year, it is being hosted by one of my very favorite cousins, Tom, and his wife Carolyn. According to Tom's invite, we will be cat juggling, playing Pin the Tail on Poppops (our 92 year old grandfather), performing Feats of Strength (as seen on Seinfeld - we also celebrate Festivus), bobbing for shot glasses, and spitting eggnog. He is planning on serving the very traditional meal of raccoon and goose, and setting the traps and shooting the geese himself. And of course, I know that some time during the evening there will be a rousing game of Pass the Pigs, which is another family tradition at ALL family gatherings, not just at Christmas. Anyway, as you can plainly see, this will be no ordinary Christmas gathering. Therefore, I specially purchased two "Twisted Christmas" CDs. I highly recommend them. Right now, "Didn't I Get This Last Year?" is playing. It also has "Walking Around in Women's Underwear," "I Am Santa Claus" (to the tune of "I Am Iron Man" by Ozzy), "The Twelve Pains of Christmas," "We Wish You Weren't Living With Us," and one of my all-time favorites - "Grahbe Yahbalz Like Michael Jackson - (fa la la la la la la la la)."

Needless to say, Christmas is definitely one of my favorite times of year. That said, I now need to spray my tree so the boys don't try eating it. You'd think that after seven years, the moronic cats would realize that plastic pine needles are really not that tasty. Anyway, check out that CD, and if anyone is up for a good raccoon dinner, let me know and I'll try to fanagle you an invite. Happy Holidays!!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

As tempting as the raccoon sounds, I will pass. You know I love Christmas too! Happy Holidays.

Kiki said...

Your family get together sounds like so much fun!! I think I would fit right in. Good to know that others appreciate Festivus. :)

Alice said...

i can't wait until i'm the matriarch of a family, and i am totally making my holidays rowdy like that. that sounds AWESOME :-) also, i posted a comment on your last post! really! it went away though :-(

dasi said...

Yes, I'm sure that I'll have interesting blog fodder after THIS party...!!

Amber said...

I currently attend the rowdiest Christmas EVER at Sally & Joe's -- we were planning it the other night, actually. There will be drinking and much merriment and crab legs. We have prime rib and crab legs, because we just can't get good raccoon out here. Anyway, I also love Christmas. I'm so glad it's here!!

Amanda said...

ooh, enjoy your christmas preparations...sounds lovely. oh, and i *heart* the geek squad. i befriended one of the geeks who became my digital saving grace. he really went above and beyond. good luck with yours.