Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tossing the Tiki

Well, it seems I was right about the tiki. Ever since I tossed that thing, my phone has been eerily quiet. Which is good, but after writing about Mr. South Side for so long, I am afraid I may not have anything else to write about! Ok, that's not really true. My mind is chock full of things to elaborate on in writing. So don't worry. But about the whole tiki thing - I'm thinking that since that worked so well, I may just toss the Money Tiki I have in my living room. Hell, maybe I'll wind up winning the lottery!

So now I am back to square one in my life: single mom, no boyfriend, crappy job, great daughter - and lots of tv to catch up on. I think this is just how it is meant to be. I know I am really bumming out a lot of my friends who are convinced that someday I will indeed find Mr. Wonderful when I say that, but oh well. It doesn't bother me, why should it bother them? Besides, since Roxy is turning 10 tomorrow, she will soon be entering the adolescent hell years, and I probably will be too exhausted to worry about men anyway.

You know what? My mind doesn't seem to be cooperating with me quite yet - I think it needs more time to warm up. So I'm going to make this blog short and sweet, and if I feel inspired later, will add a part two. But don't forget - KEEP AWAY FROM TIKIS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, you don't want to meet Mr Wonderful. Been there done it. Got Sammie to prove it! ha ha
Gosh I can't believe that "roxy" will be 10! I can just remember the party you had for her at your parents house in the basement. Wasn't she only 2???

Time flies!

dasi said...

Deb?? Who's "Deb"?? No wonder you are no longer in 12 Step, you have forgotten about anonymity!!! I AM DASI. And as such, I shall forgive you the error you have committed.

As for Roxy, she was 2 yesterday. She just decided to skip about 8 years.

Here's to both of us surviving our daughters!!