Monday, August 29, 2005

Late Night Calls & Last Year

So I don’t want to jump to conclusions here or anything, but Friday night at 4:43 am I had another “Restricted” caller on my cell phone. But of course, no message. Could it be that someone who shall remain nameless is STILL that clueless?? I couldn’t say, but what I DO know is that those restricted calls are REALLY starting to bug me. So know what I did? I *67’ed MY phone and called a certain cell phone number myself about 5 or 6 times. And hung up. Twice he answered, the other times it was voice mail. But ALL the calls will come up as “restricted.” HA! See how YOU like it!! Ok, childish and immature? You bet. But VERY satisfying. Especially since I have no doubt whatsoever I would be the LAST person suspected of calling. But in the off chance that I get any more late night restricted callers, I have started leaving my cell on my nightstand so I can answer it. Because honestly, this is totally ridiculous. If the man HAS to talk to me again, so be it. And I will make SURE it will be the last time EVER. Excuse me, I’M the joke? Hmmmmmmm, NOT!

I did get a call last night from my one ex-who-is-now-a-friend that I mentioned previously. It was actually pretty funny, because that song “Don’tcha” I enjoy by the Pussycat Dolls is now my ringback tone. Which means whenever someone calls me, instead of a ring, they hear that song (or at least part of it). Well, Mike enjoyed the song and left me a funny message, and when I was about to call him back, Roxy commented, “Huh, when HE hears that song, he’s probably thinking, I USED to have a girlfriend like her, but then I DUMPED her.” Which made me laugh. And I told Mike, and he was all like, “Is she EVER going to let me off the hook for that??” To which I informed him that no, probably not, because even though we are obviously not couple material, you just don’t go around DUMPING Roxy’s mom. Period. So we start talking, and of course he wants to know the scoop on Mr. South Side, which I gladly fill him in on. (After telling him it would really be MUCH easier for him to just read the blog, but whatever.) Even though he laughed a lot, true to guy form, he started questioning exactly HOW I had changed in the ten or so years since dating HIM. (Of course, he was quick to add that he had no complaints in the past, but with Mr. SS’s desperation…)_ Translation: he wanted to know what he is missing. True to ME form, I explained it was a shame he would never find out for sure, but obviously I had vastly improved over the years. (See, it’s conversations like this that allow me and Mike to remain friends. There aren’t many guys I can joke around with like that and not feel wayyyyy uncomfortable.) Anyway, we chatted for a while and then I went to bed. With my cell phone right there. But no call – yet.

This morning I woke up in an unusually good mood – and when I looked at the clock and saw it was about 5:45 am, I realized that exactly one year ago at that exact time I was probably still in the hotel bar in Hawaii partying the night before my brother’s wedding. (It would’ve been 1:45 am Hawaii time.) That made me smile, because we had an AWESOME time in Hawaii. Then I found a t-shirt I bought while I was there that I was really upset about, because I LOVED it and it was wayyyy too tight, and GUESS WHAT? It FITS!! Which also made me happy, even though the thing that sucks is that in all the wedding pictures I look HUGE. Sure, I couldn’t lose the weight BEFORE the wedding, NOOOO! But I guess I shouldn’t complain, cause I’m doing good now. Digressing here… So I put on the cute t-shirt that I love and could never wear until now, and also the earrings and necklace I wore in Hawaii for the wedding, since I was in an “I-Wish-I-Was-Back-In-Hawaii” mood. And also hopefully I will remember to call my brother and sister-in-law to wish them happy anniversary.

I think I’ll keep this short and sweet for now, maybe if I am inspired later, I will write more. But I am a little distracted right now since I am trying to type this and correct interrogatories for work at the same time, so I believe it wouldn’t be condusive to either if I continue on. Back to work!

No comments: