Monday, August 22, 2005

RESTRICTED - on a Couple Levels

I REALLY REALLY want to write about something today, but I can’t. Which really sucks. The reason that I can’t is because it involves something that is someone else’s news, and until I get clearance from this person, I don’t feel it is proper for me to blog about it yet. AND THAT PERSON IS NOT ANSWERING THEIR PHONE. So I guess I will have to wait, even though it is KILLING me!! Thus, I will instead proceed with my original plan to discuss my weekend, which isn’t nearly as cool as what I WANTED to write. Oh, well.

Anyway, the necromancer was pretty cool. Not exactly what I expected, but cool nonetheless. He told some neat stories about Chicago (most of which I knew already, but a couple I didn’t) and performed some creepy tricks. And at the end of his “show,” one of the audience members made contact with a girl who died six years ago. I kid you not. It was weird. (I almost didn’t make the show to begin with, because as I said, I had a hair appointment in the afternoon. And it took FOUR HOURS AND SEVENTEEN MINUTES to do my damn hair. Yes, folks, over half of a legal workday. I am seriously considering chopping it all off. But I must admit, it DOES look pretty sweet. Hell, it better. It cost enough. So back to Excalibur.) After the show, my cousin and I hung out in this cool lounge area on a REALLY comfy couch and just talked. Or at least TRIED to talk. It was really hard, because ever two minutes a different girl holding a tray of shots would try to sell us one. I think we both said “no, thank you,” at least fifty times in the hour or so we sat talking. It was a pretty uneventful night, but I did get a laugh when my cousin commented that “I really have a problem with strange girls offering me blow jobs.” (Of course, the shot girls were referring to the shots – but my cousin was right, it is kind of icky.)

Saturday night was my night out with mom, her friend Pat, and Walt Willey. For those of you unfamiliar with Mr. Willey, he is Jackson Montgomery on All My Children. And he is awesome. He was at Zanies Comedy Club, and we went for a meet and greet and then his act. He is a really nice guy, and funnier than hell. Nothing at all like his character, who is verrrrry conservative and reserved and professional. The actor is raunchy and outrageous and hysterical. One of the tamer bits he did was one about Target. He said he hates Target because he feels like they are putting K-Mart out of business, and he really enjoys the blue-light specials. And also, he said he really doesn’t feel safe in Target anyway. According to him, in these troubled times of terrorists, do you REALLY want to shop in a store that has a big bullseye on the front? And he’s right. Think about it, if you get a confused terrorist looking around with his missle launcher for something to shoot, what better than a HUGE BULLSEYE?? Adios, Target!! Scary thought, actually. So I really enjoyed Saturday night.

Sunday I had to pick up Roxy (who DID miss me after all!) and then drive back home again. Traffic sucked coming back into Chicago, and my car (that is totally not used to driving over 400 miles in a stretch) did not handle it well. Thankfully, we made it home and the car seems fine after a couple quarts of oil and a good night’s sleep. I can’t tell you what happened in between getting back to Chicago and being at work this morning, because that is what I WANTED to write about and can’t. (GOD!! I’M DYING HERE!!!)

Oh, one thing I CAN tell you is that for the past four days I have received about six “Restricted” calls on my cell and three on my home line. The creepy thing is that the calls on my home line went into voice mail before the person hung up, and all you hear is that white noise in the background for about a full minute. And while I was in Michigan on Sunday, I answered one of the “Restricted” calls on my cell, and said “hello” like four times before I heard the caller hang up. Now, I don’t want to jump to conclusions here, but are you thinking what I’m thinking?? (Insert “Exorcist” theme here)

Well, hopefully I’ll get clearance soon, and will have some REALLY good stuff for you. And I guess it’s also almost time for more “Beginning of the End.” But for now – ciao. Satan is back, and I have to do some REAL work.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm thinking what you're thinking.

dasi said...

Thanks for the validation. I think... I mean, the fact that it is now Restricted calls and no messages is REALLY freaking me out! And I was given two more days of personal "restriction" - so exciting blog on Thursday!!