Thursday, August 11, 2005

BAD MOOD

I am in a BAD mood today. And when I am in a BAD mood, you are best off just avoiding me altogether. Luckily for you, since I am nothing more than words on a computer screen, you are pretty much safe. Except for the fact that you have to deal with my ranting about WHY I am in a BAD mood. (Unless, of course, you just stop reading right here. And I wouldn't blame you if you did.)

First off - I took the day off yesterday to go to a Cubs game with my mother, Roxy, and one of her friends. Since Satan is on vacation, my co-worker M and I worked out a plan to cover for me if he called (which I knew he would) and hopefully I would not have to use a vacation day. A couple things went wrong with - well, with EVERYTHING. First of all, Satan DID call. No problem, M covered, and he didn't call back. But she informed me that the stupid receptionist told her she "didn't feel comfortable covering for dasi when Satan calls," and she mentioned it to HER supervisor. Which is absolute BS because we lease space in our building, and it is NOT reception's job to tell Satan anything other than "she's not in." They don't even work in our office - they are a totally separate entity. So now I have to worry if dumbass answered the phone by freaking out and saying something like "No, Satan, dasi isn't here and hasn't been all day, and as far as I know, she is playing hooky and not planning on telling you." In any case, it's not the end of the world, if I HAVE to use a vacation day, I will, but it still pisses me off.

So, after hearing from M at work, I am crabby enough, and it is hot and we are still waiting outside to get into Wrigley since we have bleacher seats and you HAVE to get there super early to get a good spot. So I am TRYING really hard to get un-crabby, and when they finally let us in and I get us choice seats front row right by Corey (poor guy deserves a break), I start to lighten up a bit. I chat with the security guy, and open one of the Twisted V's I have so sneakily poured into a water bottle to smuggle into the game - only since it is a carbonated beverage that has been sitting in the little cooler for a while, when I go to twist off the cap, it POPS off and goes flying across the bleachers. This caused the security guy to duck and say "was that a BALL?" It was actually pretty funny, especially when I was trying to tell him how ODD it was that a cap would pop off a bottle of "water" that forcefully. So Greg Maddux waved to us, and when the Reds came out for batting practice, I was still trying to get someone to throw a ball our way. Two of the Reds players were motioning for me to lift up my top, indicating that if I did that, they would throw me a ball. Perverts. I think NOT. (Besides, I was with my daughter and my mom.) (Not that I would ANYWAY, Jeromy threw me one last game WITHOUT a peep show, remember??) So. Game starts, and it is HOT. The girls are whining about when the game is going to end, and it LITERALLY just started. Then in the fourth inning, everything went for shit. My boys in blue fell apart AGAIN. Never in my life have I left a Cub game before it ended, but all things considered, I was so DONE. Not even halfway through the game, and we were SO outta there. It was like watching a train wreck - in slow motion. And it was SO FREAKIN' HOT!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I still love my Cubs, but the fact is, they have sucked royally lately, and I had no desire to watch them crash and burn for the EIGHTH (yes, EIGHTH) time in a row. (And I STILL will NEVER cheer for the Sox - even if the Cubs NEVER win another game.)

So, BAD mood yesterday. Oh, AND my brother's and mom's birthdays are both in August, as is my Bro's anniversary, so we were trying to figure out a time to get together. Since I am driving Roxy to MI for a week, three days are out for driving and picking up time. And I am going out with my cousin (who is very smart and very cool and will someday be very rich and famous) on the Friday night between their birthdays, so that day is out. Which apparently screws EVERYTHING up. Never mind that I offered to drive in from the burbs to the city (where both of them live) during the week if I had to, because a weekday isn't the same as a weekend. Even though Thursday night and Friday night would basically both involve me driving in after work and driving back after dinner. Because, oh, I don't know, maybe mom was planning on getting lit or something and doesn't want to deal with work on Friday if we do dinner on Thursday (that was sarcastic - I honestly don't KNOW why mom is pissed about the whole Thursday instead of Friday thing). So I e-mailed my bro today and told him to just make plans with mom and WITHOUT me, that I would get together with them separately since it was obviously MY plans that were screwing everyone up. Good old Bob told me he will deal with mom and not to stress, but I am STILL in a BAD mood. Because I KNOW what will happen. He will call my mom and try to plan this out without me, and then she will get even MORE mad at me, but since she is the ultimate passive-aggressive, will just guilt me until I blow up.

Add to that the fact that I had to take Roxy to her school for Information Day - and she found out that not ONLY does she have the teacher who is "the meanest and hardest" but she also has NOT ONE of her friends in her class this year (which is so obviously my fault) - and you have the reasons behind my BAD mood. Grrr.

Actually, I am feeling a little bit better after venting. But my shoulder is still tense and still hurts. Which always happens when I am in a BAD mood. I am going to lunch with a friend of mine today though, maybe he will be able to distract me. And then maybe if I feel like it I can write a nicer blog later. Or not. We'll see.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Maybe tonight calls for my favorite alcoholic drink -- you know the one that I can drink that contains alcohol?

Anyway, don't worry about Roxy having no friends in her class. I was with my best friend every year until sixth grade, when they purposely seperated us. We were mad, but we stayed just as close and also made some new friends. Kids are good that way.

Hope you feel better!