Friday, August 26, 2005

BUSTED!

So last night I was at the salon with Roxy while she got her hair cut, and I noticed that I had missed a call on my phone. And that there was a new voice mail. Nothing too unusual, so I’m trying to retrieve the message and can’t get a signal in the salon. Which means I have to walk outside. I excuse myself and assure Roxy I’ll be back, and exit the salon to listen to my message, figuring it is probably my mom or something wondering why I’m not at home. But when the message starts, it is not my mom at all – it is a voice I hadn’t heard in a while. IT IS MR. SOUTH SIDE! I braced myself for a long, rambling message, but instead he was very direct. This is what he said: “So, I finally found out why you don’t want to see me anymore. You think this is all a JOKE. Well, I think YOU’RE the joke!! No WONDER you’re still single!!” And he hung up.

I felt so bad, I sat down and teared up. Here was this poor guy, who meant well, and was nothing but nice to me, and now I had hurt his feelings. I mean, what kind of a monster was I anyway? To write all these horrible things about him, and laugh behind his back when all he wanted to do was make me happy.

Yeah, right. Ok, so I DID feel a slight twinge of guilt, but it passed in just about the time it took for my mouth to turn up into a smile and let a little laugh escape. But I DID wonder how he found out…

So I called SSC who said of COURSE she didn’t tell him about this blog, and I believe her, because after all, she gave him dinner. BUT – her husband apparently wasn’t as sensitive to his feelings. It seems he may have mentioned something while drinking, although he won’t admit it. The only thing is, I’m not even 100% sure he has read the blog, and to be honest, I can’t see that happening. First of all, because I don’t think SSC’s husband even knows the web address, second of all, because Mr. South Side doesn’t seem the computer type. I think the more likely scenario is that SSC’s husband got tired of listening to Mr. South Side lamenting his loss, and finally told him something like, “Look, dude, give it up! She doesn’t care, and she is playing your messages for her friends! She’s LAUGHING at you, man!” Yup, I’m pretty sure that’s what happened. And if it’s not, and Mr. South Side happens to be reading this, the following is for you:

It certainly was never my intention to hurt your feelings or make you look like a fool. But you made it so very easy. Initially, I really DID like you, as you can see from my early blogs. But like I told you, not everyone in the world is compatible. It was never anything personal, we just didn’t fit. I TRIED to be nice about it, but you wouldn’t let it go. You obviously have issues with codependency, and I’ll admit I may have some issues of my own. But even so, I am comfortable being single, and don’t really feel the NEED to have someone in my life at all times. Something YOU obviously don’t understand. Hopefully, this whole experience can be something positive for you, and you will learn something from it. Like if a woman tells you it’s over, it may not be because of anything YOU did per se, it COULD be because that “click” isn’t there. And the more you try to beat a dead horse, the more pathetic you look. Have a little self-respect! There are plenty of people out there that you may be compatible with, you can’t force yourself on someone who’s not. And instead of being able to have fond memories of the good times, you wind up being bitter about everything. Not good. So, I wish you well in your life, and I hope you find your own Ms. Right. Just please don’t ever call me again.

Ok, now back to the REAL blog. So, I began to wonder if maybe I really WAS kind of a not-nice person for writing all this, but then I realized OF COURSE NOT. It’s his own fault for giving me such good stuff to write about. It’s not like I LIED about anything. So if he’s mad, maybe he should look in the mirror. And really think about it. Besides, I didn’t even use his real name. Or MY real name for that matter. Personally, I think the REAL reason he is upset is because he may be realizing how right I am, and that his behavior is NOT healthy. Anyway.

So, I’m pretty sure there will be no more Mr. South Side blogs. I can’t imagine him continuing to desire me at this point – or at least, I can’t imagine him ADMITTING it. Then again, stranger things have happened…

2 comments:

dasi said...

Glad you are enjoying it - I'll try to keep it read-worthy!! And I'll keep enjoying yours, too!

Amber said...

Yes, Mr. South Side with all of your calls and calls and calls and pathetic messages and comparisons to Tommy Lee, yes, DASI is CLEARLY the joke here. Whatever you big tool. It's pretty obvious that there is a HUGE reason that you're still single. And it has nothing to do with Tommy Lee.

Dasi, you shouldn't feel bad for making fun of him. He's a weirdo and can't take a hint -- or anything straight to the point either. One day I might post excerpts from a pathetic letter from my high school boyfriend that I laughed at. Poor guy. But dude, don't be such a cheeseball.