Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Improv Day

My sincerest apologies. I have been sitting here playing online poker, and trying to think of something to write about, and I am coming up with absolutely NOTHING. Zip, zilch, nada. I even read some of my favorite OTHER blogs to try to inspire me, and good as they were, I still am drawing a blank. So this is totally improvisational – if something written can actually BE improvisational. Can it? I will say yes. Because it is MY blog and I can do whatever I want. So today is improv day.

It is not hot here today. As a matter of fact, M is cold. But like I told you yesterday, she was comfortable when they had the heat on. So it is actually a nice normal temperature here today. And Satan is chaperoning a field trip for his son’s class. They went sailing on Lake Michigan. I don’t know about you, but when I was in sixth grade, we never took field trips to go sailing on Lake Michigan. Even when we were learning about sailboats, which (according to Satan) is the educational reason for this field trip. To be honest, I really can’t even REMEMBER any of my school field trips, which just shows you how interesting and memorable they were.

Lexie stood at the bus stop today in the rain, even though I offered her an umbrella. She flatly refused, and then her friend Kara came strolling up to the bus stop, and SHE didn’t have an umbrella either. So I rolled down my car window and yelled, “KARA! You would rather be Cool than Dry??” and she smiled angelically and replied, “Of course! It’s only water!” Lexie shot me an exasperated look and went to join her wet friend, and I left, trying to remember how old I was before I realized only stupid people stand out in the rain without an umbrella by choice. (I’m thinking… 30 maybe?)

Tomorrow is picture day for Lexie, and she showed me the outfit she plans to wear. A hot pink halter and capris. Obviously, the halter isn’t anything sexy or revealing, it was designed for a ten year old, after all. And with her blonde hair, the color should look good in her picture. I guess I should be glad she is still asking for my approval before picture day, I’m sure that won’t be happening for many years after this one. Hell, she’ll probably wear one thing to school and change into another when she gets there. But she’d better not, because that would be STUPID since I will eventually see the picture anyway. Then again, kids aren’t always that smart when it comes to trying to snow their parents. I was, of course, but kids today TOTALLY aren’t.

I posted my picture on match.com just to see what would happen (I totally refuse to pay any stupid fees, considering my horrible experiences with online dating) and I’ve actually gotten several “winks.” Of course, I delete them all and send them back to cyberspace, because I technically can’t respond anyway, but it’s nice to know people are looking. The only thing that DID throw me was that I got a wink from a guy named Erik (with a “k”) and as I told you wayyyyyy back in one of my first blogs, when I was about Lexie’s age, a Ouija board told me I would marry someone named “Erik.” With a “k.” So of course, I HAD to just check out this guy’s profile, I mean, what if it was DESTINY, right? But as it turns out, he is like six years younger than me and looks about 15. And apparently he is big into fashion and style – which makes me wonder if maybe he is just “testing the waters” as far as women go. Oh well, so much for destiny.

Wow, look at that. I have improv-ed a lot! Mostly incoherent babbling with no real point, but so what? I have a blog for today, and that’s all that matters, right? Maybe tomorrow I’ll try to think of a REAL topic – or maybe not. If anyone has any suggestions for tomorrow’s blog – let me know!

No comments: