Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yes, It's a New Post (if you're reading this Tuesday, at least...)

Yes, I know, I have been slacking. But at least I got another chapter posted, right? Lately I have been feeling very manic-depressive. I'm not sure why, but I have either been in an ecstatically good mood, or a horribly depressed mood. Sometimes within minutes of each other. Literally. I'm wondering if all those drugs I did years ago really DID have some kind of lasting effect on me... But anyway, I'm here now, and I'm in an ok kind of mood. So I figured I'd try to post something interesting. Or at least just post something.

I am not going to Michigan to see my best friend this weekend, as I have done every Memorial Day weekend for the past million years or so. This makes me pretty bummed. But the bottom line is, I have a newly diagnosed diabetic cat who needs insulin and I am NOT paying $180 to board him at the vet while we are gone. Thankfully, Diane understands this (however, her 9 year old daughter Abbie does NOT, as demonstrated by the gut-wrenching sobs I heard in the background) and we plan on trying to work out another time this summer. I tried finding someone to take care of him for me, but it seems I am not the only one who skips town on this holiday weekend, and the people who ARE staying put are too far away to be of any use to me. I have rationalized this whole situation by telling myself that I am saving around $100 in gas, and it will be nice to hang by our pool since it is going to be close to 90 out, plus after spending as much as I have so far at the vet, I REALLY don't want to leave Baby in the hands of someone else - no matter how capable. I just have these horrible visions of leaving town and returning to a dead kitty. SHUDDER. THAT would be bad. He has a vet appointment tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea of how well the insulin is working, and how his glucose levels are, and hopefully eventually he will be regulated enough that I won't have to worry excessively.

On another note, my Lexie is STILL having problems with her so-called "friend" Kara. That girl is just downright MEAN. I finally told Lex that I don't even want her in my house. I love her mother to death, but I cannot stand that little girl. I know, it sounds horrible to say that about an eleven year old, but she treats Lexie like crap. And as I told Lexie, if she wants to continue hanging out with her around the complex, that's her perogative, but I will not condone their "friendship." Anyone who backstabs, lies, teases, puts down, and hangs up on my daughter is NOT someone I want her to hang with. Yet I can't actually forbid it, no matter how much I want to. Thankfully, Lexie has been getting a little more bold when it comes to Kara, and has on occasion put that little brat in her place. I can only hope that eventually when she starts junior high (which won't be until NEXT fall) that she makes some new friends who are better people. Of course, I still talk to the bad seed's mother, because I like her a lot. She is a very nice lady who just isn't that firm with her daughter. She lets her walk all over her and buys her whatever she wants. I have even heard this kid tell her mom to "shut up" because she was "annoying her." Ummmmmmm... can anyone say "grounded for life - IF you survive the beating??" My only consolation is that I am sure missy's attitude will get her ass whupped when she gets a bit older. It seems inevitable that she will one day say the wrong thing to the wrong person and live to regret it. But for now, I can only grit my teeth and try to pretend it doesn't kill me to see my baby get treated like a piece of dirt. Mothering girls is REALLY HARD.

Hmmmm... what else? Not a whole lot, actually. I wish I did have more, but I just don't. Hopefully soon I will get a burst of creative energy, but it doesn't look like it will be today. So in the meantime, maybe check my links or something. You know, to keep you happy until I get back into the swing of things. They're all good. Great, in fact. Otherwise, I wouldn't link them. Duh.

2 comments:

Mollysbrother said...

As usual, you have me in stitches.

Does Kara's mom read your blog?

Cheryl said...

Wow. Kara is a brat. I know a girl like that who is 19, in college. I know some day, she's gonna learn about life the hard way, and she deserves it.

I hope you're feeling more "up" soon.