Friday, May 05, 2006

Updates

Since I seem to have lost my creative urge, I will devote this post to updating you on some previous posts. It will be brief, but what can you do? I’m feeling lazy, and I haven’t been getting enough sleep thanks to the damn ROBIN outside my window.

Yes, update number one is that I have discovered that the stupid, loud 4:00 am frickin happy bird is indeed an American Robin. You can hear what I hear here (ha! A fun homonym sentence!). Scroll down to “American Robin,” (the second one, not the one with the c at the end) and you will hear a few seconds of what I must endure every blessed morning. I read somewhere that few robins survive the first year, and I’m pretty sure it’s because they get offed for waking people up at 4:00 am every day.

Update number two is that although Lexie appeared to have taken her Grape Lunch and punishment very well, apparently she is still harboring a tad bit of resentment toward me. I found this out while I was chatting with my bro on the phone last night. Kind of ironic that I found out then, since he was calling to tell me how cruel I was to his niece. (He does that a lot though. It’s easy to defend your niece or nephew, since they're not your kid. I am looking forward to defending Erik in a similar manner just as frequently in the near future.) Anyway, while I was talking, Lexie interrupted.

“Is that Uncle Bob?”

“Yup.”

“Tell him I am writing a poem about him in school.”

Which I did, and he responded with the appropriate “Awwww! That’s nice! What’s it about?”

“Well, it’s not REALLY a poem, we just had to write the name of someone we love, and I put Uncle Bob, then write a bunch of adjectives that describe him. I put funny, nice, smart, and a couple other ones.”

Bob was eating it up. And I thought it was kind of sweet, too. Until she dropped the bombshell.

“Yeah, it was SUGGESTED since it is almost Mother’s Day we do it about our moms, but I chose Uncle Bob instead.”

OUCH! Bob, on the other hand, cracked up. And commented how proud he was that his niece chose to be unique. I, on the other hand, recognized passive-aggression when I saw it. Hell, where do you think she learned it??

So things to do this weekend:

1. Take Lexie to Great America Saturday since she is grounded and can’t go to the birthday party to (a) stick to my original threat of grounding and (b) still make sure she has fun so she’ll maybe write a poem about me next time.

2. Kill that damn Robin.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend! Oh, and? Next time I post, I will be “Godmother Dasi.” Which is a mouthful, so you can just call me “Your Highness” like I plan on making my Godson do. (Just kidding, Bob. Don’t worry!)

3 comments:

Mollysbrother said...

Wouldn't she rather go to Great America than to the birthday party...?

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

For the robin: 12 gauge shotgun, #8 field load, 2 3/4" shell with a modified choke.

That'll do it.

Cheryl said...

Don't worry. She'll get over it soon. Hope you had a great weekend!