Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Concerns & Melrose Place II

I would like to begin today by addressing the "concerns" of a couple people who have read my take on Poker Night and brought these "concerns" to my attention. I can only assume that since I have received verbal comments from two people, there are others out there with the same "concerns." Both individuals have indicated that I appeared overly arrogant, smug, and full of myself. So, to all of you out there reading I say this: SO THE FUCK WHAT??????? No offense, but please understand that my life basically plays out as follows: Monday through Friday - get up, get myself and my daughter ready for work/school, work for Satan, pick up my daughter, make dinner, help with homework, watch tv, go to bed. Very seldom is there a change in the weekly routine. As far as weekends go - read on: Get up, watch tv, make breakfast for my daughter, clean house, do laundry, possibly visit mom or dad - usually supervise my daughter and her friends at our place or take her to theirs, make dinner, watch tv, go to bed. So EXCUUUUUUUSE ME if I got overly excited about an evening in my life which varied from the norm and made me feel like something other than a robot. For crying out loud, let me have my moment of glory!! Obviously I do not normally perceive myself to be "awesome" on a daily basis, so if something comes up which gives me the chance to feel cool, please be kind enough to let me enjoy it, even if it means being a bit overzealous. Besides, this blog is for entertainment purposes only, it is not law for pete's sake. Chill out, people!!

Now that we have cleared the air on that issue, I would like to announce that my home may soon become a bit closer to my Melrose Place dream. Then again, it may also become worse. Apparently Ms. Gold-Digger downstairs is marrying Brian the Dentist and moving to Barrington into a BIG house with a hot tub where they will be rich and she will never have to work again (I wonder if she is giving up her dreams of an online md??). This bit of news came from her daughter to mine yesterday, and given the fact that this is the second time (with the second guy) that we were told she was going to get married, I really shouldn't get my hopes up. Especially when my daughter told me they had to wait for her ring because Brian was ordering it online. Now, I may not be the most internet savvy person in the world, but engagement rings online?? Do people actually DO that?? I mean, does e-bay have a whole engagement section or what? Go figure. Anyway, supposedly they will be moving out at the end of the summer, which means the downstairs unit will be open for a new tenant. I am really hoping that it is a studly yet sensitive single male (who is not gay) (although if he is, that would be ok, because gay guys make great friends) who adores kids and doesn't mind the fact that there are peanut shells raining down on his patio on a daily basis from my "pet" squirrels. But considering my luck, it will probably be another Indian couple and they will join forces with their neighbors across the hall and force me, my daughter and Brad-the-guy-across-the-hall (probably his dog Steeler too) to don gas masks from the deadly stench of curry. Oh well. Like I said, odds are, this engagement won't last either. Time will tell. Just keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: