Monday, July 11, 2005

Should've Known Better...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. When will I ever learn to go with my instincts?? I went out with Mr. South Side last night. And believe me, that was the LAST night last night. “One more chance,” I thought. “He IS a really nice guy, after all.” So I drove all the way out south to meet him. Without going into details (this is a “family” blog, after all) let’s just say things didn’t go the way I had hoped. Yes, we “hung out,” but once again, NO intelligent (or otherwise) conversation, and no real “click.” Plus it is hard to have a “click” when Fear Factor is playing in the background. So I left early, claiming I had to pick up Roxy who was at my cousin’s and get home. And as I shut the door, I also shut the door of possibilities with Mr. South Side. What sucks is that I bought him this really awesome smelling cologne for his birthday (which is next week) – but there is NO WAY IN HELL he is getting it. I will keep it until I find what I am looking for. Or I will just spray it on Bear, my current bedmate. That way I can snuggle with my yummy smelling Bear who expects nothing from me and get a good night’s sleep.

Obviously, Mr. Cop is history as well. I sent him a “kiss-off” e-mail today, basically telling him (in nicer terms, of course) what an asshole he is, and that I am NOT the girl for him. Hopefully he doesn’t have a nasty temper. Oh, well. Too late to worry about that now.

I did, however, send off two more responses-to-responses in the hopes that one of these final two will turn out to be somewhat normal. One is a good-looking guy who is a couple years younger than me, the other a guy who works in patent law and is working toward his pilot’s license. So now I have put myself out there ONE FINAL TIME for Mr. Cutie and Mr. Pilot. But if these two turn out to be just as bad as the last two, I am giving up. Giving up, and leaving my love life to fate. Like I said before, this is just too much damn work. It really shouldn’t be so hard.

Anyway, I think I will make this blog short and sweet today, and maybe write on a different topic later. “The Beginning of the End” is currently on hiatus (for anyone who cares) because I am not “feeling” it at the moment. Hopefully it will return sometime in the near future, when I get back in a nostalgic mood. Later!

2 comments:

Tim Hillegonds said...

Dasi, Dasi, Dasi,

My birthday is in March if you want to hold on to that cologne for a while. It would smell better on me than the bear.

On another note...Patent law, pilots license? This guy is on his way to being an aviation mogul, get in the plane. Besides, if it doesnt work out...there's always skydiving.

dasi said...

I would consider it if I had heard back - then again, I'm thinking I may be better off in the long run. Howard Hughes was a mogul and look how f***ed up he turned out to be.

As for the cologne - though I don't doubt it would smell better on you - its whole purpose is to satisfy MY olfactory desires... and I can't smell you over the net.