Thursday, July 07, 2005

The New Guy

Ok, EJ, time to annoy my brother again. Since I’m sure you’ll see him at softball tonight (good luck, by the way) (as if that will help you sorry bunch of -- oops, my bad. I meant to just stop the paraphrase after “good luck”) and I am equally sure he won’t read this before then, you can update him on his sister’s love life. Which I know really gets under his skin. And I think is really funny.

I still haven’t officially gotten rid of Mr. South Side, but in the meantime, I have met Mr. Cop. This guy is great. We talked on the phone yesterday at lunch, and met after work for a couple drinks. He is very outgoing, and funny as hell. Unlike South Side, Cop can carry on a conversation. Initially, (I am ashamed to admit considering yesterday’s blog) I was a bit caught off guard by his size. Very large. VERY large. But I realized that after spending most of my life dating pretty boys who turned out to be assholes, it was time to start looking at the whole package.

So I walk into the place and we clicked right away. He is actually abrasive as hell, but in a weird way it is a good thing for someone like me. Sarcasm is something I enjoy and use more than your average joe. And the fact that this guy was able to dish it out AND take it really interested me. He also is into 80’s music (which I know will annoy my brother even more), and therefore will not freak out when I tell him I enjoy listening to Winger or Poison or Def Leppard. (It actually made him even more interested in me.) He seemed to know most of the staff at the place we were at, and they treated him well. Apparently, he is a big spender too. (Ha! Soon-to-Be Mrs. Dentist downstairs, eat your heart out!!) As well as being a county cop whose main job is serving warrants (i.e. breaking in doors and hauling in the bad guys – cool), he also owns a property management company.

We spent a couple hours hanging out (and this time that phrase is to be taken literally – no innuendos today!) and finally I had to go pick up Roxy at 9:45. He did an admirable job of trying to convince me to stay out longer, but I stuck to my guns. Mostly because I was tired, too. As much as I enjoyed the company, I’m still not used to being out on a weeknight. (Yes, I am a loser!!) So, he walked me to my car (very gentlemanly), kissed me goodnight (MUCH better than South Side) and when I said “Call me tomorrow,” he replied “Try to stop me.”

I talked to him at lunch again, and he still makes me laugh. This time, though, I will NOT overanalyze. I’ll just go along for the ride and see what happens. For now, I am really enjoying him on a personal level, and that kiss showed definite promise…

As far as South Side goes, I guess sooner or later I’ll have to let him down easy. Or maybe I can just not return calls and act so disinterested that eventually HE dumps ME. That way I can save his ego and not have to deal with any drama. I haven’t decided yet.

Funny thing is, the girl I work with asked me if I had told either of these guys about my blog. HELL NO!! How can I write about someone if they know about it? (With the exception of my brother, of course) Although since I thrive on approval and compliments, I may eventually tell the guy I decide to stay with… of course, this won’t happen until AFTER I delete some old blogs… heh heh heh.

Don’t worry – I’ll keep you posted!

1 comment:

dasi said...

EJ!! How could you fail me like that!!! Better have a beanbag tourney or the like so you can see him this weekend. Actually, it's all good, today's blog may give you more fuel for the fire, per se. I'm working on it now! P.S. Sorry about the game - but look on the bright side, you guys are the best at being the worst!!