Monday, August 14, 2006

The Un-Post

So I'm sure if I were to post about Satan calling me a liar and telling me to "go back to your desk until you are ready to tell me the truth" about what time I came into work on Friday morning while he was on vacation because for some reason he believes I wasn't there until nine o'clock when I was there in the building at 8:30 (with witnesses on the floor) and admittedly did not unlock the office door until 8:40(but DEFINITELY before 9:00), making me feel like a reprimanded 5 year old instead of a grown woman... And if I were to also post that I confronted him and told him that I don't know where the time discrepancy comes in, but the fact that a little over a week ago I was sitting in his office while he told me what a great job I've been doing and how pleased he was with my work was kind of surreal considering the fact that now he was calling me a liar and expecting me to lie FOR REAL and say that I came in at 9:00 to placate him, which I wouldn't do... And if I were to also post the fact that I told him that I had worked for him for FIVE YEARS and always done a good job, but if he truly felt that I was being dishonest to do what he felt necessary because I would NOT change my "story..." And possibly even if I were to post about the tears that I TRIED to keep from flowing, except I couln't keep them in because I was so FRUSTRATED and ANGRY and HUMILIATED while Satan chose to instead focus on the fact that I unlocked the office a whole TEN FRICKIN MINUTES late and then had the GALL to use the bathroom before my coworker got in (despite the fact that she was a half hour late - apparently she can make her own hours since she "sometimes stays late when I need her, and you can't because you have a daughter") instead of the fact that I normally come in at least TEN MINUTES EARLY every day and bust my ass, with the exception of this ONE DAMN DAY...

Well, I'm sure if I posted all that I would just get a bunch of comments about how I should quit and shouldn't let myself be treated that way. So I don't think I'll post it.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

If you did post that, I would tell you to find another job. And that this just isn't worth it any more. And that yes there are bills to pay, b ut other jobs to pay them. That's what I would say if you posted it. But yout. didn't. So I'm not.

Cheryl said...

You deserve better Dasi!

Anonymous said...

Yep, probably best not to post that. You wouldn't want to get all the love and care and support your readers feel for you. Wouldn't want to have your feelings of being abused and underappreciated by a thankless boss who sounds like he needs a good, swift kick in the... Well, somewhere that hurts. Nope, wouldn't want anyone to remind you that you're an intelligent, worthwhile human being who deserves better. Hell, who deserves a lot more simple respect than you seem to get from the crazy, bi-polar bastard.
Naw, who needs that hassle? Better that you didn't post it.

Rick said...

Yeah, it's probably just as well you didn't post that. If it were me, I'd make Satan a crack dealer in TBOTE, bust his ass and put him in prison with a cellie name Big Rufus.

Alice said...

i know you don't want to hear it, since you didn't post about it and all... but are you looking for other jobs? just, you know, casually? on the side? so that when the wonderful perfect one comes up (read: the one where your boss isn't satan) you'll be ready and out there? :-)