Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Journey Into Dasi's Brain at Bedtime

Note: Be careful - the following may make no sense or be absolutely ridiculous or make you think I am certifiable. But it is the way my brain has been working lately and as such hasn't produced much more than randomness, thus making blogging difficult. So I figured I'd just blog the randomness.

Ok, bedtime. Finally! I am sooo tired. Ok, time to sleep. Now. Ain’t gonna happen, is it? Course not. Ok, but I refuse to open my eyes. I’ll just lie here until I DO fall asleep. And I won’t look at the clock. At all. So happy the Cubs won again. Carlos is my man. Would’ve killed Dempster if he blew it. Thank God for Howry. And HA! The Sox lost AGAIN. Yankees are only ½ game back in the wild card now. All I want is for them to blow it. And shut up the stupid Sox fans. Can’t take another year of that BS. No sir. Saturday should be fun. Great seats for the game with dad. Only hope the guy who is supposed to buy the other two tickets comes through. $300 is a LOT of money to be out. What if he DOESN’T pay? I mean, I have his name, address, e-mail and phone number, but so what? What if he stiffs me? He better not. I NEED that money. I need a lot of money. I need a new car. Mine still stinks from the rain. How can a sunroof only leak on one side? Although I guess I should be glad it’s not on the driver’s side, I guess. Still, it SMELLS. And it leaks oil. Damn association better NOT charge me for oil stains on my driveway. They can’t really do that, can they? It’s MY property – I mean, I guess if I moved I’d have to take care of it, but I’m not going anywhere. Except maybe Denver. It says that that is the best place to live if you’re single… How about it, Linda?? Amber?? Is that true? Heck, like I care anyway. Last thing I need is another person to complicate my life more. Like Lexie doesn’t complicate it enough. Punk ass tween. God, I love her though. Even though she makes me crazy. Can’t believe she actually wrote her “father.” It’s been over a week since I mailed that – wonder if he’ll actually write back? That asshole. He’d better. He’d better not break her heart any more. What a loser. I wish she had a better dad. Guess that’s my fault though… Oh, well, the past is the past, I guess. I can’t believe Jase went so ballistic on Big Brother tonight. What an ass. Of COURSE he would be put up after that little display!! And Dr. Will – he bothers me on so many levels. I never saw his original season, but he just annoys the hell out of me. Smarmy. That word fits him well. And he picks on Howie – I LIKE Howie. He’s like a big puppy dog. And he’s the nephew of a friend of the other attorney in my office. How many degrees of separation is that? Let’s see, I know Howie by… THREE degrees of separation. Is that right? I think so. Actually, I know Jase by TWO degrees of separation, since my sister-in-law’s sister (who I consider a friend, thus eliminating a degree) was good friends with him in college. But he seems to have gotten stranger, and besides, she hasn’t seen him in years. I definitely like Howie better. I bet I could last in that house… Well, maybe not. I’d miss my tv wayyyy too much. That would suck. Although, half a mil wouldn’t suck. And the publicity might get my book published… And if that happened, I could quit my job and work out more and get in awesome shape. Of course, I’d need to watch my diet too. I wonder if you can get in good shape if you only consume pumpkin seeds and water? Or if you would just get all bloated from the salt and be peeing all the time from the water? You’d have to lose SOMETHING, right? Hmmm, I wonder… Can’t wait to go out Friday night. It will be so good to hang with my friend and listen to Collective Soul. I don’t even want to get drunk or anything, just relax and chit chat. And nothing heavy, either. I’m tired of being the go-to gal. Tired of everyone else’s problems. What about me?? I have problems too!! LOTS of them!! Heck, I am just a tangle of issues! And baggage! But you don’t hear ME whining about it, do you? No siree. Not me. This sucks. What time is it, I wonder? SHIT! I swore I wouldn’t look! How can it be that late already? I’m going to be so tired tomorrow. And I have to bring Stupidhead to the vet. All those $16 visits add up. He’d better appreciate it. Hell, he’s a cat, like he appreciates anything. He just hangs out and looks at us humans with such contempt. I wish I could manage to live with a cat’s attitude. That would be sooo cool. To just always be like, “Screw you, this is my life. I do what I want, when I want. Feed me, give me attention when I want it, otherwise leave me alone. I don’t need you or anyone else. I am the center of my own universe.” HA! That would be kind of neat. Doooo Doooo Doooo… I think I’ll pop in the Marah CD again tomorrow, haven’t listened to it in a while. Monica is so cool. I really should comment sometime on her blog. She writes so well, but she almost intimidates me. I feel like a groupie… which is kind of funny, actually. A blog groupie. Tee hee. But she just seems so cool, rock star hubby, awesome dog, writing for tv news… even though she really seems so down to earth too. I bet she’d be a really good friend. Someone you could tell anything to, ANYTHING. Who would never judge you. Ok, I am getting weird here. Like a psycho stalker. HA! Me, a stalker. That’s funny. But bloggers make good friends, look at Linda. Thank God for her. She cheers me up. And we’ve never even met. How weird is that?? That is weird, I tell you. But we can talk on the phone like forever – and it’s all good. Hmm. I don’t even talk to my real life friends like that anymore. That’s not good. I need to open up more. Maybe on Friday with Julie. I mean, I CAN, I just haven’t had the opportunity. I am so tired. I need to sleep. Need. To. Sleep. Ok, brain, shut down now…

Oh, shit! My Fannie May gift certificate expires in four days! Have to get candy… so much for the pumpkin seed diet… can’t do that with vanilla buttercreams around now, can we…?

Mmmmmmmmm, Fannie May vanilla buttercreams…

4 comments:

Rick said...

I had that exact conversation with myself last night! (Did you know, if you treat your brain like a third person, maybe a homeless person, and just step back and look at what it's doing... it'll stop? The brain can't stand to be watched.) That said, I'll read your ramblings any day.

Cheryl said...

Sox got swept! By Minnesota! That's good stuff.

Amber said...

See, speaking as a single girl in Denver, I have to disagree with the whole "best place to be single". Although maybe if I started a)dating guys who either lived here or planned to stay here, that might help and/or b)realize that when I go out with PIC, we look like a couple, thereby ruining my chances of meeting someone. Oh, or c)actually go out. That might help too.

I'm glad someone else's brain works like mine... : )

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

NyQuil works wonders for that...

;)