Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's In A Name?

Satan had someone come in today to explain our computer system to him. Probably because he has no clue about anything technical, and when he leaves and has to disable the system and set it up at home, he wants to do it right. So he walks this woman into the office, and says “This is dasi… um… Smith? Smythe? No, Smith, right?”

“Smith,” I replied with a saccharine smile.

“I guess since I just call you dasi all the time…” he explained lamely.

Yes, but I have worked for you for SIX AND A HALF FRIGGIN YEARS. And you have been SIGNING MY DAMN CHECKS EVERY OTHER WEEK FOR ALL THAT TIME.

Un-friggin-believeable. In a three person office. I should be insulted, right? I mean – he doesn’t even know my NAME.

Then again, maybe this is a good thing. I’m not sure if I want him to remember my name when I leave, after all…

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Rick said...

I think I'd just start calling him "Satan" to his face. Politely explain it's easier than looking it up.