Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Most Awesomest People!

You know what I like most about blogging? YOU!! Yes, all of you. Because even when I am a bad, bad blogger, when I do finally decide to post, and make it a mini-pity-party to boot, I get wonderful comments from cyber pals who I was SURE had given up on me. And I can’t even begin to tell you all how much that means to me.

Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

It amazes me that some of you are still checking on me. I feel kind of like the red-headed stepchild that shouldn’t belong, but somehow still does. Anyway, like I said, I appreciate it. And all the advice and support. ESPECIALLY the advice and support!

Yesterday I actually went on a second interview with (get this) the US Attorney’s office. Although the pay would be a bit less, working for the Feds would be the best thing in the world for a single mom to whom benefits are mucho importante. And can we say “job security?” Who would’ve thought the girl from TBOTE could wind up working for the government? In an office down the hall from the DEA, no less (which I must admit, I find a bit amusing). So everyone keep your fingers crossed for me, I mean, I think it went well… Ok, in all honesty, I feel like I NAILED it, but I am afraid to get overconfident. All I know for sure that the waiting game may just kill me.

But even if that doesn’t pan out, I know I’ll be ok. Besides, let’s look on the bright side, shall we? Only 30 more days (at the MOST) of working with Satan. Unbelievable.

Finally, to those of you in Colorado… I am a big enough person to admit that your Rockies totally deserve to win the whole shebang. Since the Cubs seemed to have forgotten how to play the game in October, I have no alternative than to cheer for the (second) most amazing team in baseball. (The first still being my Cubs, I am a glutton for punishment and a true Chicago gal who bleeds Cubbie blue.)

Writing does seem to be helping my psyche, so I plan on trying to keep you updated on funny and interesting things as well as my daily doldrums. And I am working my way through TBOTE – I can almost feel more chapters bubbling to the forefront!

2 comments:

Rick said...

You KNOW you're gonna get the US Attorney's job! It's karma! But it's political. You've heard of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales? Best have a backup plan every time we elect a new President. ;-)

Miladysa said...

Fingers and toes crossed!