Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone

Well, it’s official. M is gone. And I am alone with Satan. Well, the other attorney is still here too, of course, but as far as support staff, I AM IT. Which is why you will have to be patient with me for the time being. I am already expected to do things I have no idea HOW to do, therefore it is taking me longer to get said things done. And in order to execute my Master Plan and get a HUGE raise and more vacation time, I must perfect the art of ass-kissing and figuring out how to do all this crap I am getting dumped on my desk.

Therefore, I will most likely be blogging less than usual (which I know is already sporadic at best). I realize, however, the importance of finishing “TBOTE,” especially after reading this. So I will try to work on that when I can, even if it has to be done (gasp!) in my own time at home. Believe it or not, I am actually pretty close to the ending of this book. “What?” you ask. “THIS book?” Yes, faithful readers, THIS book. Because everyone knows if you want to be a real novelist, you want to sign a two-book deal at least! (heh!) Besides, this is getting long enough. Rest assured, though, it will end on a cliffhanger (though nothing TOO extreme) so as to entice people to read the second book. And maybe a third, eventually. Who knows? Gotta dream big, right?

So that’s that for now. And since you are all officially informed, I must get back to the drudgery that is my 9 to 5 life – for now, at least!!

3 comments:

Miladysa said...

I am sooo looking forward to the post when you let us all know about how you waltzed over to Satan and said
"Sit on it and swivel pal!" :]

Marissa said...

Oh I know the art of ass-kissing well. :) Need a tutor? Hehe.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I still think you should seriously look for an agent...