Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just Another Excuse...

…for not writing more. But at least it’s a cute excuse – I broke down and got that puppy last Saturday. Her name is Ginger and she is a sheltie mix – all of about 7 pounds right now. Baby and Ace seem to be getting along with her a bit better lately – that’s Ace in the pictures with her. Of course, she is now chewing everything – including the cats, so they aren’t very happy with her currently! We had a little scare with her over the weekend, she had a case of kennel cough that developed into “puppy pneumonia,” but after $254 in vet bills and two different kinds of antibiotics, she seems to be doing well. Anyway, with two cats, two jobs, a puppy and a daughter, my sanity level is deteriorating rapidly!I figured I ought to update, even briefly, since I put a link to this on my grammar school reunion survey. So if there are any St. Monica alums reading this – HI!!! And I hope you enjoy my ramblings. For the rest of you, my 25 year Grammar School Reunion is rapidly approaching, and I am really looking forward to it. It’s been a lot of fun getting things organized, my friend and I were picking out music the other night and cracking up at some of the old songs. Of course, Lexie just rolled her eyes and made fun of us AND our music. But really, what does an 11 year old know, anyway, right??

Funny thing is, it’s been kind of bittersweet, because memories have a way of twisting up your insides and making you do silly things like play the “what if” game… Obviously, my regular readers know my background – my fellow alums will probably be a bit shocked when (or if) they ever read “TBOTE,” but looking back makes you regret the mistakes and long for second chances. Which I know is really ridiculous, because I am a firm believer in the theory that everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING. And you can’t go back, anyway, so there’s really no use in regrets or “if only’s.” But still… And you should see my old classmates! Well, on paper, at least! It’s really great to know how happy and successful they all seem. Which has a tendency to coax out that annoying little voice that whispers “God, and look at what a loser you turned out to be!” I hate that voice. Because it’s not true – but it still can make you feel insecure at the most inconvenient times.

I guess it’s pretty normal though, to be worried as being perceived as “not good enough” or “the loser…” Although the bottom line is, I know of ONE classmate who is a much bigger loser than I could ever be…! And I won’t tell you who – you can guess all you want (and you’ll probably be right, anyway) but you’ll find out for sure at the reunion!

Well, I think this post will suffice for the time being. Maybe my hit count will start increasing a bit too – I seem to have lost a few people (gee, wonder why??) and hopefully I can lure them back with the promise of more posts. So for what it’s worth – I promise more posts. More frequently too. Honest!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dasi, the puppy is so cute! I am so glad you posted more pics.

I too try not to play what if's or why games because you're so right, can't do anything about it now...

Anonymous said...

I tried to post a comment yesterday, but blogger wouldn't (and still won't) let me sign in.

I got your email about the puppy and was waiting to see if you'd post about it. Those are the sweetest puppy dog eyes ever!

Glad to hear you're still doing well!

-Hope